Friday 18 July 2008

Get thee to a library

I am a procrastinator – it’s official. For years I have been saving money to take a break from the rat race to try and make it as a writer and what do I do when I finally get this chance – very little that’s what. It all started very well – I thought my first 12 hour writing day was going to set the pattern – did it heck. It seems that without constant urgent deadlines or the prospect of a good old bollocking I turn into a complete waste of skin. Well no more. There’s just too much distraction when I am home alone, too may things that suddenly take priority –important things like reorganising my desk or seeing how long I can hold my breath (initially not very long but I am finding with practice I am getting better). So from now on my days will be spent in the fine Library of Streatham with other people who have nothing better to do in the daytime then hang around in Streatham library, you know drunks and weirdos.

No comments: