Thursday 3 July 2008

My Brilliant Plan

Well, maybe not brilliant, maybe quite flawed – but a plan.

In 3 months – the time I plan to remain “between jobs” I will:

Write a screenplay - probably the longest of my longshots. Never written one before –halfway through a first draft - proving to be every bit as difficult as I thought it would be. If nothing else it will make me a better writer.

Write a 60-minute piece for Red Planet and for the portfolio. My last 60-minute script was written 6 years ago and wasn’t entirely successful. It is the script I never speak of – sshhh don’t mention its name.

Write the world’s greatest sitcom – last sitcom did OK and got me invited status at the Beeb. Now need to nail the follow up.

I also plan to start submitting to News Revue, maybe get a little money off that (very little from what I hear) so that I can actually use the term writer – I may just whisper it to start off with, put in an embarrassed laugh when I say it.

I need to get some more contacts, not just industry people but peers to bounce ideas off and provide support.

Oh and finding a muse would be nice. I do actually have a muse, his name is Tim. Much that I appreciate Tim’s musing abilities, it would be nice to find a muse that looked a bit like Holly Willoughby.

No comments: