Sunday 6 July 2008

Red Planet Prize

Ever since the Red Planet prize was announced last week I have been racking my brain for a TV series premise that works.

I reverted to the old random picking and combining of shows to create something new and sparkly by use of an old shoebox and bits of paper technique (possibly a technique that requires a catchier description). It has to be said it didn’t really work for me unless you can think of a great new TV show that is a cross between Jonathan Creek and Shameless – it’s the story of an alcoholic unemployed magic designer who could solve crimes but can’t be arsed – actually that still sounds better than Ultimate Force.

No thanks to the shoebox I think I now have an idea that works and am now looking to develop this. If you want the Jonathan Creek/Shameless idea I am prepared to sell it to you at a not inconsiderable cost.

No comments: